In this article, you will find application examples for garden stepping stones. We have researched and summarized the most beautiful applications for you. The most common application examples are to use concrete pieces poured into the molds as stepping stones. Of course, the most beautiful application is made with natural stone pieces. However, there are also applications with wood log pieces. Wood logs are not a very effective application for locations with high humidity.
Why are the stepping stones used in the garden to make paths?
The answer is simple: Because it is easy to do. They also look beautifully decorative. Natural stones can be used as materials and provide a very aesthetic appearance. When the life advantage is considered, it will last longer and it is very easy to maintain. Another advantage is that you can make this work enjoyable by implementing it with your other family members.
They also protect your grass from being crushed. Because the footed places will always be the same route. It will also provide a clean walkway to keep mud and dirt in your home.
Materials for Making Garden Stepping Stones
- Pre-mixed concrete
- Tub or Wheelbarrow
- Vaseline or cooking spray
- Chicken-wire fencing
- Concrete coloring agent, patio paint, or decorations to press into the concrete
Steps to do the garden stepping stones
- Find the mold or do it if you want it to be unique.
- Grease the inside of these molds with vaseline or spray oil. Thus, it will be easier to remove the concrete from the mold.
- If you have mixed concrete, dilute it a little and distribute it homogeneously. Otherwise, mix cement with water. Create a mixture to get concrete. This mixture should be neither too juicy nor too stiff. If you want to test whether the mixture you obtained is correct, draw a notch on the surface of the mixture with the back of the shovel. If this gentle is filled with water, the mixture is very juicy. Harden with a little cement. If the edges of the notch are crumbling, it is very dry. Add some water and mix.
- When ready, pour into the molds. If you want, you can decorate the surface before it dries. Marble pieces can be used for decoration.
- Then you can wait for 45 minutes and get out of the mold. However, leave it in place for 2 or 3 days without using it.
- Repeat pouring this mold until you get as many stones as you need.
Well, different approaches can be used for layout and placement. For example, if your home has a polygonal or boring look, you can add a little aesthetics to the view by building the curved path.